Afrontar una entrevista de trabajo en inglés no es tan difícil como podría parecer al principio si sabes cómo es el formato de la entrevista de trabajo en inglés. Normalmente en cualquier entrevista de trabajo se repiten una serie de preguntas con más o menos variaciones. A continuación te presentamos un listado con las preguntas y cuestiones más habituales en las entrevistas laborales en inglés.
Preguntas sobre ti (Questions about you)
- Tell me about yourself?
- How do/would your friends describe you?
- What is the most interesting thing you’ve done in the past three years?
- What do you want me to know about you that isn’t on your résumé?
- Tell me about an interesting article you recently read in the newspaper.
- What’s the last non-school related book you read? What did you learn from this book?
- What kinds of tasks and responsibilities motivate you the most?
- Why should I hire you and not the next candidate who walks in the door?
- Do you prefer to work with others or on your own?
- What is your greatest strength? Weakness?
Preguntas sobre tus capacidades (Questions about your qualifications)
- Why do you want to work here? Why should I hire you?
- Do you have the skills to work in this position/company?
- What specific skills have you acquired or used in previous jobs that related to this position?
- Tell me about what you learned from your previous jobs and internships.
- What did you like/dislike about your last job?
- What is your biggest accomplishment?
- Describe your leadership/communication/coordinating/etc style?
Preguntas sobre tu formación (Questions about your education)
- Why did you choose to study ___?
- Describe the course that has had the greatest impact on your thinking.
- What courses did you enjoy the most? Least?
- Tell me about your extracurricular activities during school. What do you believe you have gained from these experiences?
Preguntas sobre la empresa (Questions about your understanding of the job/company)
- What do you know about our company? Position?
- Why did you apply to our organization?
- What interests/impresses you about this organization?
- What criteria are you using to evaluate the organization for which you hope to work?
- What can you tell us about our company?
- What do you think of our organizational structure?
- Who else are you interviewing with? What do you think of those organizations?
- Are you seeking employment in a company of a certain size? Why?
- Do you have a geographic preference?
Otras preguntas (Other questions)
- What are your salary expectations for this position?
- Where do you see yourself in ___ years?